Comoros: Wildlife Expedition
Join the few lucky souls who have ever visited Comoros, a small archipelagic country off Africa’s east coast. On this 9-day wildlife expedition, split your time between two islands and encounter the many sea and land critters that call these islands home, including green sea turtles, Livingstone bats, humpback whales, lemurs, sharks, tropical fish, manta rays and more. Learn from local guides, wildlife experts and national park eco-guards who reveal insights into ongoing conservation efforts and how island communities and their visitors play a role in protecting these fragile ecosystems. Along the way, you’ll meet Comorians eager to share the vibrancy of these remote islands, leaving you to wonder why it took you so long to discover this hidden gem.
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Moheli - Ylang-Ylang Farm Visit
- Moheli - Village walk
- Moheli Marine Park - Snorkelling & Islands Tour
- Moheli - Park Ranger Conservation Presentation
- Moheli - Whale and Dolphin Watching Boat Trip
- Moheli - Forest Hike and Livingstone Bat Observation
- Itsamia - Turtle Nesting Observation
- Itsamia - National Park Eco-guard Conservation Presentation
- Grande Comore - Dos du Dragon Viewpoint
- Trou du Prophète - Local lunch Experience
- Iconi - Walking Tour
- Moroni - Walking Tour of Medina and Markets
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- Explore the Mwali UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, home to the second highest marine diversity in the world. Spot humpback whales and spinner dolphins; snorkel among vibrant coral reefs, parrot fish, manta rays, wrasses, fusiliers, reef sharks and maybe even dugongs.
- Take a short a hiking experience in the subtropical tropical rain forest to observe one of the world’s largest bats, the critically endangered Livingstone flying fox.
- Stay in community operated beachside bungalows in Itsamia, visit one of the largest Green turtle nesting sites of the world where Turtles nest year-round and learn from various local wildlife experts about ongoing conservation efforts.
- Enjoy a seafood lunch served in a giant clam shell at Miki’s Place, cooked for you by Miki himself, a colourful local Rastafarian, in his lean-to "restaurant" under a baobab next to the sea.
- Walk among homesteads, meeting villagers with beautiful welcoming smiles, and stroll through the surrounding gardens to see how local foods are produced.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).