Morocco: Hike & Bike
Travel along ancient caravan routes across the Atlas Mountains towards the Sahara on this 9-day cycling and hiking adventure through Morocco. Explore by foot, bike and even camel to get a totally immersive feel for this country. Cycle across mountain passes and through Berber villages. Hike through lush oases and towering gorges. Spend nights off the beaten path in a traditional Berber gite and at a desert campsite under dark skies bursting with millions of stars. This journey strikes the perfect balance of breathtaking adventure and cultural discovery.
- Guided Hike - Imlil to Aroumd
- Guided Cycling - Atlas Mountains (Amzmiz – Ouirgane)
- Imlil - Bread making workshop
- Guided Hike - Atlas Mountains
- Ait Benhaddou - Leader-led ksar walk
- Ait Benhaddou - Tea at Tawesna association
- Guided Cycling - Agdez
- Camp Fire, Merzouga
- Merzouga - Camel safari
- Sahara Desert Night Walk
- Tinghir Palmerie walk
- Todra Gorge hike
- See a different side of Morocco by bike on two guided cycling trips –get closer to authentic Morocco, get off the beaten tracks through Berber villages and among fruit and nut trees.
- Spend the night in a traditional mud-brick gite in the Atlas Mountains and learn how to make Moroccan bread with your host family.
- Descend out of the mountains along a former caravan route into the historic fortified oasis of Ait Benhaddou.
- Ride a camel across shifting sand dunes in Erg Chebbi, take a night desert walk and camp in a tent under the stars.
- Hike among the towering red gorges and lush green palmeraies of Todra.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).
|2||Atlas Mountains Cycle & Hike|
|3||Atlas Mountains Hike|
|6||Desert Camp, camel safari and night walk|
|8||Todra Gorge Hike & Marrakech|